TO: All New and Returning Blue Devil Navy Cadets
FROM: Captain Boyer and Command Master Chief Williams
1. We want to welcome all new and returning Blue Devil Navy cadets for the 2013-2014 school year. We hope you had a great summer with your families and friends, and you are ready to begin an exciting new year in NJROTC.
2. Like last year, we have a busy, competitive schedule this year. Your commanding officer and staff plan to build on last year’s success and do even better this year. As always, it will take focus and commitment from all cadets to achieve this year’s goals. We are confident that if you accept the challenge, fully commit yourselves to the unit, and work together as a team, you will achieve your unit goals. Remember that no one cadet can do everything, but every cadet can do something!
3. For our returning cadets: thanks for your continued commitment to theBlue Devil Navy! Your top focus must be your academic classes because your education is your gateway to opportunity and future success. Within the unit, your challenge is to help train our new cadets and to improve the unit through your contributions of time and talent. Build on your growing experience and be a leader! You do not have to be a staff member to lead.
4. For our new cadets: we extend a special welcome to all of you! With your decision to join us, you have set yourself on the path to success. Like our returning cadets, your first priority must be your schoolwork. Getting good grades in your freshman year is an extremely important first step in achieving your dreams, no matter what they may be. We encourage you to participate on one or more teams because that is the quickest way to make new friends, become an integral part of the unit, and begin to learn leadership skills. If you are a team player, manage your time carefully, and keep up your grades, you will have a fun-filled and successful year. All kinds of new experiences await you in the Clay High NJROTC Program!
5. All cadets must know and understand the contents of the Cadet Manual. It contains a wealth of important information to help ensure your successin the program. We want you to enjoy yourselves, but remember that your number one focus must always be your academic work in all your classes. Drill meets and field trips are great fun, but you must earn the opportunity to attend them by doing well in school.
Congratulations to the NJROTC of Clay High for receiving
2012's Distinguished Unit With Academic Honors
2002, 2003, 2009(H), 2010(H), 2011, 2012(H), 2013 (H)