FROM: Captain Boyer and Command Master Chief Green
TO: All New and Returning Blue Devil Navy Cadets
1. Welcome to all new and returning Blue Devil Navy cadets for the 2014-2015 school year! We hope you had a great summer with your families and friends, and you are ready to begin an exciting new year in NJROTC.
2. Your commanding officer and staff have set some ambitious goals for the unit this year, but it will take focus and commitment from all cadets to achieve them. We are confident that if you accept the challenge, fully commit yourselves to the unit, and work together as a team, you will achieve your unit goals. Remember that no one cadet can do everything, but every cadet can do something!
3. To our returning cadets, thanks for your continued commitment to the
Blue Devil Navy! Your top focus must be your academic classes because your education is your gateway to opportunity and future success. Within the unit, your challenge is to help train our new cadets and to improve the
unit through your contributions of time and talent. Build on your growing experience and be a leader! You do not have to be a staff member to
4. To our new cadets, we extend a special welcome to all of you! With your decision to join us, you have set yourself on the path to success. Like our returning cadets, your first priority must be your schoolwork. Getting good grades in your freshman year is an extremely important first step in achieving your dreams, no matter what they may be. We encourage you to participate on one or more teams because that is the quickest way to make new friends, become an integral part of the unit, and begin to learn leadership skills. If you are a team player, manage your time carefully, and keep up your grades, you will have a fun-filled and successful year. All kinds of new experiences await you in the Clay High NJROTC Program!
5. All cadets must know and understand the contents of the Cadet Manual.
It contains a wealth of important information to help ensure your success
as an NJROTC cadet. We want you to enjoy yourselves, but remember that your number one focus must always be your academic work in all your classes. Drill meets and field trips are great fun, but you must earn the opportunity to attend them by doing well in school.
Congratulations to the NJROTC of Clay High for receiving
2012's Distinguished Unit With Academic Honors
2002, 2003, 2009(H), 2010(H), 2011, 2012(H), 2013 (H) 2014 (H)